Nov 29, 2009

Run turkey, RUN! Then, reflect...


I ran the CARMAX/LARS Turkey Trot 5K on Thursday (Thanksgiving) morning. It was great - misty and foggy and hilly as crap, but also short and full of beautiful wooded trails. Right afterward, I came home and signed up for the Maryland Double (half) which is a half marathon in Frederick in May and a half in Baltimore in October. We are also trying to decide if we are going to go to Disney in March for the Princess half marathon, which would be fun for ALL of us!!

In the afternoon, we headed to my sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner. She is 6 months pregnant, and yet she put on an amazing feast and was an energetic hostess! We had such a wonderful time. Honestly, I can't think of a better way to spend the day. Run in the a.m., family in the p.m. All topped off with Pecan PIE!!


I have so much to be thankful for. I re-read my earlier entry and it all still holds true. Plus, there are more people, events and benchmarks that make me stop and give thanks on a daily basis for who I am, who is in my life, what I have accomplished, and the potential of my future. I think one of the most important things in life is being able to recognize when things are GOOD (or great, even). It is so easy to point to the bad things in life, to dwell on them. But sometimes those bad things make it a tiny bit easier to recognize the good ones. They give you points for perspective.

So today, I am grateful. Today, I am strong, and I run and I feel like a superhero. Today we are healthy. Today is a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home